You remember that movie "It Could Happen to You"? When the waitress gets her windfall, the first thing she buys is a big jar of macadamia nuts. I have always loved that scene. I LOVE macadamia nuts and I never buy them because they are so pricey. This year, this is what I have asked for, a big jar of macadamia nuts. I told Scott I didn't want anything else. Well, I do want something else, it just isn't for me. I want a new crib, changing table and glider for the baby's room. That's right, for those of you who don't already know, I am pregnant! So, instead of getting anything for myself, I want to save our pennies for all the stuff I just mentioned.
4 kids, seems like a lot! Even though this is something we planned and looked forward to, it feels a little overwhelming. Wonderful, but overwhelming. Especially on mornings like today, when all my kids have found their way into my bed and I am left with a thin strip of mattress right on the edge of the bed. I am not sure where this little one will fit on the bed(only in the mornings when we all snuggle together, we do not have a family bed!) Of course, what my nana always said will hold true I am sure, "When there's love, there's room".
All three kids will be going into a bunkhouse style room, so the baby can have a room alone. A place where I can shut the door and hopefully keep a little of the madness out, so the baby can sleep. A place where the baby can awaken at 2:00am and not disturb the other kids.
I am 15 weeks along and the baby is due on June 16th(our anniversary), what a great gift I will get this year.
I hope you all have a Merry Christmas, get just what you want and take time to remember why we celebrate this holiday.
7 comments:
wow!! congrats! that is really exciting. merry christmas to you!
yay! CONGRATS! Merry Macadamia Nut CHristmas
oh my goodness!!!! CONGRATS beautiful mommy!
Congrats! I wish you many more because everyone needs at least 5 boys! :)
HUH? I thought you were done?! How exciting for you! And I am totally with you an the 3 kids in one room so the baby has space! That is what we have done and it is so good! Then you have space you can go hide with the baby too! I think mommy and baby need alone time too!
I am so excited for you! Keep us updated on your pregnancy!
Wow! What a wonderful gift coming your way. Congratulations to you and Scott. Merry Christmas, indeed.
Congratulations you guys! Hope you're feeling well enough to keep those macadamia nuts down :) Babies bring such a sweet joy to the family.
Post a Comment