Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tis' the Season

Well, we did it again. It seems like most of the major holidays I subject myself to torture by doing cut out sugar cookies with the kids. No, it is really fun, but there is always that one moment when I think to myself, "why am I doing this?" That moment usually passes and a twinge of guilt kicks in when one of the kids looks at me, with a smile on his/her face and says, "this is really fun!" I went with store bought cookie dough this year and I have to say that it didn't really make that much difference in time. I usually do the dough before the kids get home from school and it is really the rolling out and cutting, then frosting them that take the most time. The store bought dough isn't nearly as good(as I discovered today), and next time I will definitely go from scratch. Although it takes work to do things like this with my kids, it is worth every effort. I know that these times together, while we sit around frosting Christmas cookies, sampling as we go, that my kids will remember. I will too. Besides, Bing Crosby was serenading us the whole time. Here are some pictures of our masterpieces:)

Sorry the pics are a little blurry. We lost our camera and I am using our ancient dinosaur of a camera. A new camera is on our Christmas list.






5 comments:

emily said...

oh how fun. it's hard going with store bought things--- but sometimes you just have to. the kids are so cute :)
i'm glad you were listening to bing too! i wish your mom would've kept all those vinyls. i'm sure there were some good ones :)

Rachel said...

look at those smiles! LOVE !

pinkmorning said...

we did this last night. it was so fun but the cookies didn't taste very good. i was going to make homemade frosting and i used a tub from the store instead. i don't think they will get eaten but audrey liked hers, haha.

i do them every year because it makes it feel like Christmas.

Kimmie said...

Look at those cookies! I am so not good at making sugar cookies but I really want to attempt it again this year. I can't believe how much Clark looks like Scott. Love you guys and hope everyone is well.

Chelsey Hansen said...

what happened to K's arm? I'm glad you are doing those fun things that make memories. Most of my childhood memories are of times that we did stuff like that, and it only takes one time to do it for it to become a "tradition" from my past. hope all is well! Merry Christmas. oh, my address is 3/2 Queen st.
Caloundra QLD,
Australia, 4551.
Love ya!