Friday, January 22, 2010

Sugar Water Anyone?



Ok, so most of my 5 readers know that I am pregnant. What you may not know is what I have been craving this pregnancy. SODA POP! It seems like it is all I ever want to drink. You have to know that normally I don't drink much soda. Sure, we buy it for special occasions(ie. 4th of July, a camping trip, root beer floats), but for the most part, I am a real water girl. However, lately I have been taking many trips to Sonic's happy hour for half price cherry limeades and actually buying 24 pack sodas in the box to keep in my fridge! Horrible I know, but ooh I how I crave a sugary, sparkling drink nearly every day. I don't have one every day, maybe 4 out of 7, but still I think I am feeling a little guilt over it. I can't quite put my finger on why I am craving it, especially because it has no redeeming nutritional value. What's worse is I have been craving caffeinated soda. I always try to choose one that's not, as I worry about drinking the caffeine while pregnant(save me the spiel about how the books say a little caffeine shouldn't hurt the baby). I don't feel very comfortable drinking it while pregnant, but even so I have had a few dr. peppers in the past 4 months. I think I am writing this tonight because all I want is a large fountain Dr. Pepper with ice, mmmmm. I can't tell you how good that sounds. Anyway, I made some Crystal Light instead and it isn't quite doing the trick, but for now, it will have to do.
What did you crave with your kids?
I have joked with the other kids about what they are made of.
K is made of Oranges, I had to have one everyday, they were heaven to me.
C is made of Ice Cream and Marshmallow Matey's(I don't really like ice cream regularly and realized while pregnant what all the fuss was about!)
J is made of Tums, I didn't really crave one particular food, but I remember I had tums nealy every single day with him, throughout the whole pregnancy.
So, I guess this one is going to be made of soda pop!

Luckily, every time I deliver, those foods I thought I just couldn't live without took their regular place in my diet. I tolerate oranges, but they aren't my favorite. Ice Cream is good, but mostly we keep it in the house for the kids and my husband. I am hoping that this desire for soda also goes away when this baby is delivered, but for now "I WANNA POP!"

9 comments:

Thelissa said...

With my first I always wanted Prime Rib. With my others I don't really remember. One thing though I remember is that I would be fine one minute and famished the next! I would tell Paul I needed food NOW! So weird. I'm excited for you to have your baby!

emily said...

hehe soda pop is so good... i've been trying my best to drink more water but also buy soda with sugar and not hfcs. but it's all delicious :)

SAS said...

One was little chocolate donuts.
One was Burger King
One was Pepsi
One was little powdered donuts
One was cheeseburgers
Sophie was Mexican Food and the crazy thing is it's her favorite too!
Congrats on another baby!

s g said...

I can't believe you are drinking soda!!!! j/k, no worries, I am sure the baby will turn out just fine...I didn't really have many cravings with my pregnancies...more aversions to peppers, garlic, onions, all things I love, but when prego, not good.

I did manage to eat LOTS of ice cream with all 3 kids...:) we missed Joel at the primary activity today.

Rachel said...

ha! Well.. hopefully this little one doesn't come out and demand soda in his bottle! jk. I say live it up!! You are only pregnat every once in a while... haha

Holly said...

I couldn't get enough Cheetos for my first. For the others, I was just glad to eat anything.

brittany said...

i didn't really have cravings with any of my kids, but i totally remember my mom wanting mcdonald's chicken nuggets and orange juice every day with scott. sick.

pinkmorning said...

mdonalds chicken nuggets and gas station nachos, haven't really had either one since but i had them more than i would like to admit in my pregnancy with audrey. everything else sounded sick to me, especially anything sweet in the first trimester.

kristi said...

I remember craving McD's hamburgers with L, Pepsi with I, and I don't remember much about my pregnancy with J (sad, huh?). Good luck with the cravings, though.