Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Everything I ever needed to know I learned on YOUTUBE

Ok, so I know I am opening myself up to fodder for a certain satirical blog out there, but I just have to share what I did today. I am not a crafty person by any means, so when my daughter asked for a barbie doll cake for her birthday, I smiled and said, "sure", but inside I was sort of nervous about the prospect of actually making one. Enter youtube!! I searched barbie doll cakes and found a whole tutorial there that was so helpful. 3 cake mixes, 4 tubs of frosting and more hours than I wish to count in the kitchen, I accomplished this!



My daughter turned 9 today and I am so proud of the great girl that she is.

6 comments:

brittany said...

laura, it turned out beautiful!!! i am seriously so impressed. tell kate happy birthday.

Rachel said...

You are AMAZIN!! that looks great! I bet she loved it.

kristi said...

Super job. It looks very professional, and I bet K will never forget it.

emily said...

you did a fantastic job!!! seriously. and i love you tube for this reason. it's awesome.

s g said...

hey, that looks beautiful...I bet Kate LOVED it!! nice work and thank you- you tube!

ZealyGirlie said...

Cute! I think every girl needs a barbie cake at some point in their life!