Thursday, March 25, 2010

Gratitude

This is a quality that I am really trying to work on. It's just so darn easy to feel bad about what you may not have, instead of focusing on all the good things you do have. When you focus on the things that are lacking in your life, it is a recipe for misery(may sound like preaching, but believe me, I am mostly speaking to myself). Gratitude brings a happy heart and who doesn't want that? So, today I am posting about something that I am grateful for. My husband. The other day he made me feel so loved and thought of that I just have to share. For a couple of weeks now, I have been squeezing out any last drop of my concealer from the bottle in an attempt to hide my dark circles and pregnancy glow(ie blemishes that grown women should not have to deal with). I don't know why I just haven't gone and bought a new tube, but everytime I am at the store there seems to be so many other things to buy. Clothes for the kids, cleaning supplies for the house etc. I hate to spend 10 bucks on some new concealer, when I am sure if I put my mind to it I can get a few drops more from the seemingly empty tube. The other day we were at Target and Scott said that he had to go look at something for a minute. My sweet 3 year old and I kicked around the jewelry department and then headed over to the dollar spot. Then I saw Scott at the checkstand(he had taken our other items with him) and we met him on the other side. I thought he would need to run out to the car to hide what he had bought me, but he didn't seem to need to rush anywhere. I was thinking that it was an Easter treat or something, but when we got to the car and he handed me the bag, I knew there wasn't anything in it for me. The next morning as I was trying to make myself presentable, I noticed something new in my makeup bag. Could it be? A shiny new tube of concealer just waiting to be used. This may sound like such a trivial thing, but I thought it was so thoughtful. He had sneaked into my makeup bag, found the aforementioned tube and bought a new one in the same brand and shade as what I had been exerting so much effort in getting out. Can you even believe it? What a great husband. Instead of focusing on those things that I would like to change in him, I need to remember things like the concealer stashed away with my makeup that make me feel loved and cherished.


5 comments:

The Hedquists said...

that is sweet! hope you are feeling well with your pregnancy and gearing up for 4!!

kristi said...

Kudos to Scott! It's great to have a wonderful husband, but one that will also purchase cosmetics for you is priceless. Enjoy, and I hope you shared this post with him ;)

Unknown said...

Anything for you. You are well worth it. Have a great day! I'll miss you.

Babydoll said...

That really is great. Very thoughtful--it had to be thought out. But I do know how hard it can be to remember to be grateful, especially when huge things are going the way you like in your life.

Kimmie said...

That is one of the reasons why you said "YES" when he asked you to marry him! His heart...I love him.