It's super late and I should really be in bed, but for some reason I am still up staring at my computer screen. I guess that is what you get when you take a nap in the late afternoon, but it's not really that. I think I don't want to go to bed because I just have to wake up and face tomorrow.
Tonight I am thinking about how most everything has an expiration date. When you hit that date on the yogurt container, salad dressing or even leftovers in the fridge, it is time to chuck it in the trash to keep yourself healthy and avoid getting sicker than a dog off spoiled food.
Does heartache have an expiration date?
Sometimes it feels like it does.
Have you ever continued to hurt about something, but you know that the people around you are pretty much tired of hearing about it and they just really want you to move on! You have passed your expiration date and you should really be getting on with your life! Well, that is me right now, I think I am beginning to spoil in the fridge!
I guess maybe that is when you hurt on your own time. You cry in your closet, then wipe the tears from your eyes and put on a happy face. A positive attitude for your husband, children and even your closest friends. Everybody is dealing with heartache and they only want to hear about yours for so long.
So, it is my goal to put on a happy face and hopefully in time, that happiness will creep its way into my heart. For now though, I am the milk left in the bottom of the container, past its expiration date.
5 comments:
good post...
I am curdled as well...
Why are you so sad? You haven't passed your expiration date with me. Send me an email and cry on my shoulder. I'll listen!
I am sorry. I hope you know that I am not sick of hearing about it.
That as me.
I think there are times when something might SAY it is expired, but it is still good. Milk you should throw out--but other things, they can go past the date and still be okay. I think you can definitely go past your date.
Post a Comment