Sunday, April 25, 2010

Final lap!

I can tell that I am in the last 6 weeks of my pregnancy and here is why.
I officially can't see my feet, which means I keep bumping them into door jambs(OUCH). However, maybe not seeing my feet is a blessing in disguise, as they are begining to look a little bigger than normal. In fact my 9 year old looked at my feet today and announced, "Your feet look fat mom!". Yes, nothing like hearing that your feet look fat to make you feel beautiful.

Also, my house seems to get a little messier with each passing day. I am not obsessed with a clean house, but I do like it tidy and keep it pretty clean on a regular basis. As I can no longer bend down with ease and pick up the trail of disaster that my kids leave, I am forced to beg and plead with them to pick up the books, toys and paper crafts that seem to be lying around all over the place. The problem is, they dont always comply. Then I get grumpy and feel guilty like I haven't taught them well enough because they don't jump right in and see all the things that I see that need to be picked up. When I hear about women nesting, I always wonder where that energy comes from. I have kept up with the laundry and cooking basic meals, but deep cleaning? Forget about it! I just don't have the energy. Once I have gotten breakfast cleaned up, lunches made and kids out the door, I need to sit down(pathetic I know, but true). I am hoping that I can convince my hubby dearest to scrub the house down at least once or twice more before the baby comes because then I really will be laid up( C-section:( ).

The other thing that lets me know that I am not too far out is the lack of sleep. It must be nature's way of preparing a mother to be able to get up with a newborn, but boy it's exhausting. I remember when I was pregnant with my first baby someone said to me, "Sleep while you can". I distinctly remember thinking, "What do you mean while I can, I can't!!!! I can't get comfortable for more than about an hour, then something inevitably begins to ache so much that it awakens me." I thouht to myself, "I would rather be awakened from sleep by my crying child, than a throbbing hip."

Despite these few complaints, I am doing well. I can't really believe it's only 6 weeks away!!

6 comments:

emily said...

ohhh how exciting!! i hope all falls into place and all goes well when the new babe comes :)

Thelissa said...

I can't believe you are down to six week too! Holy Cow! I am super excited to see his baby! Any names picked out? Although the last few weeks are the hardest, the anticipation builds and gets exciting too! I can't wait!

Organized Chaos said...

I have been following your pregnancy but never leaving a comment. I am excited for you to be almost done but then the real hard part comes.

Rachel said...

You are getting so close.. Just don't sweat the small stuff... hahahaha.. That was ME saying Don't sweat the small stuff. Hilarious.

Melodrama Mama said...

Congrats on your pregnancy! Despite the troubles with pregnancy I always tell myself that it is still easier that actually caring for a newborn. But then of course once you have the baby there is a perfectly wonderful and legitimate reason to sit down and do nothing. I am so happy for you! Forget about the messy house and take care of yourself.

Babydoll said...

That seems so close. I'm sure it still seems quite a ways to go for you. Good luck with the home stretch.