Monday, May 30, 2011

Today was a Good Day!

Today was such a great day! The weather, although forecast to be rainy, turned out to be beautiful. My husband was home all day and we spent it with our kids. We even topped it off with roasting marshmallows over some nice coals on the back patio. As I write this, the smell of campfire smoke is still lingering on my cardigan I wore to keep the evening chill away. My kids played happily together most of the day and I didn't even check my email or look at work etc. Glorious! It isn't too often that I feel this kind of satisfaction at the end of the day, so I just had to hop on here and write about it. I wish I could bottle this feeling and open it on the gray afternoons when life seems heavy and hard. I hope everyone else had a good memorial day too. I am thankful for all those in uniform who have sacrificed so much, even their lives, to protect my liberty and way of life.

I am thankful for each good thing I have in my life, but here are a few I have though about today.

Liberty and Freedom
A Comfortable Home
A Sunny Day today
A Devoted Husband
Sweet kids

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

I love those feeling and smells. I can't wait for your summer to really start and the snow to melt so we can do BBQ up the canyon.