Friday, February 18, 2011

Anyone still read this thing?

In September, life changed for me. The kids went back to school and I got a job working from home. I had a baby in June and with the added responsibility of a squishy little infant and a new job, my head began to spin. I think it spun for about four months straight. I know that many moms out there who may be reading this will have little sympathy, as many moms wear several different hats and have to jugggle house work with work work(not that house work isn't work work, but you know what I mean), but hear me out. I have been grateful for the added income which I call my mad cash, you know, money I get to do whatever I want with and don't have to answer to anyone about. Let's be honest though, as a mom that usually means extra socks and onesies that your husband may not think is necessary, but since you do the laundry, you know it is. As grateful as I have been, I have cut certain things out that I just don't have the same time for anymore. One of those has been blogging. Occasionally I will jump on and read a couple of the blogs that I favor, but posting on my own, forget about it.

Well, my head is beginning to rest on my shoulders the way it used to and I intend to start writing more. I really enjoy it. My faith encourages me to keep a journal, but it is one of many aspects of my life that I am not quite succeeding as I would like to be. So, I hope that one day, all the posts I have already written and those I have yet to write will serve as a little history for some of my experiences.

One other thing that I will be doing every time I post is writing a few things I am thankful for. A woman at church got up to share her experiences in keeping a gratitude journal. She said it changed her life and brought her so much joy.

Some things I am thankful for right now are:

A tall glass of ice water that I can get in 10 seconds flat(remember when only the rich kids had an ice dispenser on their fridge?)

A soft rocking chair where I love to escape the noise and nurse my sweet Jane.

A car that starts up without fail every time I turn the key.

Hot showers.

PS. I saw Megamind today and I almost teared up, I mean it's so sweet to see the redemption of a evil, blue genius. No really, I was dreading it, but I ended up thoroughly enjoying it. It is probably playing at a sticky shoe near you and I suggest you take your kiddos to see it. Speaking of the sticky shoe, my kids asked me on the way why we never go to the 8 dollar movies that are down the block instead of the 3 dollar one that is 15 minutes away. I said because there are 4 of us and when we go to the 3 dollar theater, it saves us 20 dollars to go out to eat or something later. Well, when we got home and I starting cooking dinner, my "smart" son said, "Wait, I thought you said that we went to the 3 dollar movie so we could go out to eat?" Man, I hate it when they use things that I have said against me.

4 comments:

zealygirl said...

I know what you mean about heads spinning. I still read every post, and love your genuine writing style. I look forward to more updates.

Chelsey Hansen said...

I'm still reading! I love it when you blog. It makes me feel closer to the family! I can just hear your "smart" son saying that...in fact I heard it before I'd read that he'd said it!!! Gotta love him, will you tell him hello from me and wish I could be with you guys on his special day!

C. Jane Kendrick said...

Anyone here know how to get ahold of GustoBones? She won our giveaway two weeks ago.

http://www.cjaneprovo.com/

Haven't heard from her! Email me or my husband at christopherbeans at gmail.

THANKS!!

MomOf4 said...

I know what you meat about wearing different hats. I think I need more heads! :) Fun to catch up with you!