Friday, July 9, 2010

More Pictures and Catch-up

It is just me or in those first few weeks of an infant's life, does time stand still? I found myself up until last week still referring to things that had happened back in May as "a couple of weeks" ago. I had to keep correcting myself and say instead, "a couple of weeks before Jane arrived". Maybe that is becauase all I did was sleep and eat and feed her at first (I don't think I changed a diaper until she was 2 weeks old). My husband really stepped up and helped give me the needed rest to heal my body. He is now back at work and life is slowly returning to normal, or I should say the new normal. Jane still takes the lion's share of my time and I don't do as much as I used to with the other kids or around the house(I went and bought a ton of frozen food and paper plates yesterday), but I am feeling good and beginning to believe that surviving with 4 children is possible.
Here are some pictures of where I left off last time.

Our little burrito baby.





Older siblings loving their new baby sis!





Their beautiful aunt who left her own babies to watch mine so Scott could help me in the hospital.



All dressed up, ready to make the drive home!



A cute welcome home sign. They also had made up a little song that was so cute.



Some more cute photos






This little girl loves her bath! It calms her and I think she could sit there all day.




Her blessing day. Poor little girl had lost it by the time most of these photos were taken. My mom was able to be there, which was great. I know I am conspicuously missing. I am not far enough removed from my postpartum beauty to be able to post it yet. Shallow I know.






How is it possible to love another person as much as I love this little girl? Even though I have experienced this feeling 3 times before, it is so overwhelming and powerful. She is so helpless and innocent and she has been entrusted to my care. I am thankful for her everyday.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

ooo.. She is already so much bigger!! Can't wait to see her soon. Thanks for the update!!

emily said...

she is precious. i love the way new babies look. just so squishy and cuddly :)

Babydoll said...

What a beautiful baby girl. Congrats. I am glad you are beginning to figure things out with 4. I can't even imagine...

SAS said...

She is just so cute! I love her cutes and her name. Your family is beautiful! CONGRATS FROM THE SEANEY FAMILY

zealygirl said...

So precious! All of your kids are so grown up!
I really love her blessing dress.

pinkmorning said...

oh Laura, she is so beautiful. i can't wait to hold her.

Miss Bear said...

Love those cute little brand new baby rolls! She is darling darling darling!

The Peterson 5 said...

Hi Laura, I found your blog from Chelsey's. I'm married to Steve Peterson who is Scott's cousin. Congratulations! Your little girl is beautiful! I love her name too!
Our blog is http://www.thepetersonpad.blogspot.com