In my efforts to make it like a real dinner, we brought it home and "set the table". A cute neighbor girl who is friend's with my daughter was eating with us and she said, "Wow, I don't think I have ever eaten Mcdonald's on plates before." That must give me some extra mother points right(with the minus for fast food, if I carry the one I might break even)?
I even added some fresh produce in a fruitless attempt to balance out the meal a bit.
In the end though, the evidence was right before my eyes. The red boxes full of fat-filled french fries were empty. The plate with my "produce", not very fancy, just a sliced apple seems to be completely full.
I guess it is a good thing I cleaned up most of the table, but left the apples out. By the end of the night, the kids had one by one moseyed their way back to the table for a slice or two. Their bodies must have been screaming for some real food.
4 comments:
We went rafting today and every time we started through a rapid, my dad would yell, "Let's hit it with some GUSTO!" and I just had to think of you. That's how you live your life...you head into something crazy, give it all you've got and make it count. You are great, even on a 'non-cooking' night!
Whenever my hubby is out of town (which is FAR too often) I give in and hit the drive through too. No worries - their metabolic rates are still high enough to handle the junk!
p.s. laura!! you're the reason i first tried rooibos! i blogged about tea last fall sometime and you recommended it. thanks, i love it!!!
it wasn't a "fruitless" attempt. Apples are a fruit.
Post a Comment