Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Life Is Crazy

To all moms everywhere... You are amazing! I don't know how you get up and do it everyday. Life just zooms by and it seems like I never even have a moment to breathe . However, we did have a really fun Halloween and I wanted to put up a pic or two of some of the fun we have had this month! I found myself thinking at several points along the way this month, "so how did this tradition ever get started"? I mean who would think of taking a pumpkin, scooping out the guts, only to carve a face in it? At what point did children start going out and knocking on doors shouting trick or treat, to be rewarded with candy while dressed up as all sorts of characters? Don't get me wrong, I love these things, but really, if you were to explain some of these rituals to someone who didn't grow up experiencing it, they might look at you like you are a bit crazy. This time of year always signals the passage of time and when I look at these pictures of my kids, I can't believe how big they are getting. Especially the wee one in the pink! Oh, how I wish I could slow her down a little!





3 comments:

Thelissa said...

I had a similar thought about Halloween while I was out with my kids. Here we are begging for candy. Knocking on doors that I would otherwise tell my kids to never do since we don't know them.

Um, super cute baby! You have not posted pics of her! We get this little glimpse in this post, but c'mon mom... cough them up! Show us more of that sweet face of hers!:)

s g said...

the costumes turned out so cute...I am sure joel was in heaven :) good to see a post from you!

zealygirl said...

Cute costumes! There are some strange traditions in this country; when we try to explain them to the exchange student it takes more effort than it is usually worth.