Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day!!

I knew that Scott had been planning something big, but I am the type of person that really likes to be surprised, so I try to not think too hard on something to spoil it. This mother's day gift was one of the best, not very sentimental, but so fabulous none the less.


Let me preface why I love my gift so much. I do all the laundry in the house. It's not that Scott wouldn't help, I just do it while he is at work, so when he is home, we can enjoy more time together.(He already does dishes, mopping, vacuuming, mowing the lawn, you name it.) The laundry though, that is my task. I don't enjoy it by any means, but I have pretty much gotten it down to a day a week that is devoted to doing all the laundry in the house and then I don't even think about it again, until the next week. This way it doesn't feel like such a burden. However, even with my system, it is a big job, as anyway who does laundry for mutiple people can attest. On top of that, soon I will have one more person to do laundry for and although her clothes will be small, they will be no shortage of full loads I am sure. Enter these:




I was banished from the house Sat. afternoon for an hour and a half and normally I would love time away to browse and shop and do whatever. However, since walking around too much is a bit uncomfortable, I found myself at the park on a bench just soaking up some sunshine and relaxing, while texting Scott, "Can I come home now?"
When I was finally allowed to come home and I opened the door, I just squealed with delight!!! I have been wanting a new washer and dryer for awhile now, but had given up trying to convince Scott that we needed to get some(at least a year ago). This was such a thoughtful gift and although some people of the feminist persuasion out there may think it isn't a great gift, I sure do. It will make my job so much easier. I sure hope that everybody else had a great mother's day and felt as much love from those around them as I did!

6 comments:

Thelissa said...

This is something I so would love too. I have a friend who her husband wanted to get her a carpet cleaning machine for Christmas. She blew up and was all upset that this was the item he had in mind. (like it said something about how she was expected to clean or something?) I told her how jealous I was! I love things that are nice and make my life easier! LOVE the washer and dryer! LOVE IT!!!

Rachel said...

aawww yeah!!! I can't wait to do some of your kids' laundry in them when I come in a few weeks!! Happy Mother's day! You deserve it!

s g said...

nice work scott, I think that is a fabulous gift!!! bring on the laundry!

zealygirl said...

Those are beauties! I think it is a very thoughtful gift!

kristi said...

Those dryers are like miracles and most dry clothes in the same amount of time as a wash cycle-no more waiting an hour to transfer loads! And the BEST part, is you'll enjoy your gift for years to come!

Babydoll said...

That is a great gift! I'm a little jealous. I love that it was totally a surprise too.